Wednesday 8 May 2013

Prawn curry( Eral Masala)


Prawn curry( Eral Masala)




                            



From the time I started writing food blogs,all my friends wanted me to post the non-veg items for which chettinad is famous for.But I find hundreds of recipes for chettinad chicken and other such items in the net written by many of my fellow food bloggers.Though many of them don't seem to be truly authentic,they seem to come near to that in taste.since my community is very famous for cooking the non veg items,I have also mastered some which I will share with my readers.

As I have prawns at home after a long time,I will start with Prawn Masala.It is a very easy and tasty dish which can prepared with ease by even people new to kitchen since not much preparatory work is involved.The only criteria is that you should have a stock of cleaned prawns at home.





Ingredients
Small onions-20
garlic-8 pods
tomato-1
chili powder-1 to 2 table spoons
lemon-1/2
ginger garlic paste-1/2 teaspoon
prawns-300 gms(cleaned)


To season
oil-2 table spoon
cinamon-a small piece
clove-2
curry leaf-little


Procedure

Clean the prawns nicely.Take out the black thing inside the prawn as it will cause stomach problem.
Cut them into 2 or 3 pieces if your prawn is pretty big in size.
Cut the onions garlic and tomato also into small pieces
Marinate the prawns with chili powder ,salt,turmeric powder,ginger garlic paste and lemon juice for an hour
Keep the kadai in the stove.Season with the items given in'to season'
Add the onions,garlic and tomatoes one by one and little chili powder and salt also and saute nicely till it looks like a paste.Now add the marinated prawns also and saute.You will find water comming out from prawns.Now close the kadai with a lid and allow the prawns to cook in low fire till the water dries out.At the most it will take only 10 minutes.Over cooking will make the prawns tough.While serving garnish with coriander leaves.This will taste excellent with curd rice,chappathi.paratha etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment